Monday, April 1, 2013

CHAMBRAY and PEACH

Last week, I took a mini vacation to Monterey.  It was a week full of coastal views, seafood dinners, and family fun! 

As one of my day outfits, I paired a chambray shirt (Forever 21) with bright melon ankle pants (Merona @ Target). These basic pieces were easy to throw on and comfortable to wear all day. Melon couples well with so many bright colors, but I didn't want to draw attention away from the pants, so I chose a floral scarf a couple shades lighter with melon accents.  My jewelry choice could have been simple with just some gold accents, but since I was on vacation, I wanted to make the outfit a little more special.  Wearing the peach scarf gave me the perfect excuse to pull out these big, crystal chandelier earrings (J.Crew) I purchased a few years ago.  The peach tones in the jewels blend perfectly with the pinkish/orange hues in the scarf. Shoes were a easy pick with these neutral, tan heels (Xappeal) that complete this simple and playful outfit.



Style Tip of the Day:  If you're scared of purchasing bold, fashion jewelry earrings (almost costume jewelry) like the ones above, don't be!  A great way to wear "wow, those are kind of crazy, but pretty" earrings is to pair it with a scarf of similar hue to the stones/crystal/beads.  This way, the earrings blend in with the colors of the scarf and are no longer the main focal point of your outfit.   

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment