Thursday, February 7, 2013

PEPLUM and LAPIS




Peplum. The trend that's feminine and chic that you've got to have! 

I chose a cream peplum sweater (Loft) as my inspiration piece and then worked my outfit around that. With a solid cream top, the choices of scarves are endless; so I decided to pair it with a yellow floral scarf (Forever 21).  To bring out the blues from the scarf and to add another pop of color, I accessorized the outfit with a layered lapis pendent (T.J.Maxx) and a scattered blue and pearl beaded necklace (J.Crew).  The scattered necklace originally had coral beads (which I wasn’t so crazy about) so I replaced them with square blue ones. The necklaces are simple enough, so you could definitely wear more jewelry.  A tortoise shell watch (Michael Kors) and antique gold and white ring are the perfect additions. For the bottom half, I went with my favorite jeans (Gap) and super comfy wedged booties (Lucky Brand). 



Style Tip of the Day: When you’re out shopping for jewelry; don’t be afraid to buy something you love with a minor fault.  You can always replace or add on beads, lengthen the chain, or add a pendent or brooch!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment