Friday, February 22, 2013

CLASSIC and MELON



Polka dots.  A classic print in everyone’s closet!

I got this chiffon polka dot top (ZARA) a couple of years ago, and every season I get excited about putting a new twist on it.  It’s an essential top in my wardrobe that can go either dressy or casual.  This week I was inspired by '50s era trends that make this outfit weekend-friendly. I cuffed regular length skinny jeans (Old Navy) to get that ankle denim look.  I went bold on top with a melon scarf (Target) and stayed neutral with nude colored flats (INC).  Next is the fun part…accessories!  Adding a necklace would have competed with the ruffles, so I finished the look with tarnished gold earrings (Lucky Brand) and a coral, mixed-metal ring. 


 


Style Tip of the Day: Lately I’ve been obsessed with ankle length pants.  It’s a flattering style, when you find the perfect length and fit.  Ankle pants look best when they have a slim fit and are tapered at the ankle. When you’re out shopping and find a pair that are a tad bit too long, try cuffing them (yourself or take them to a tailor).  Now you’ve got the perfect pair you’ve been looking for!  


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment