Sunday, February 24, 2013

NEON and STERLING


Spring's not quite here, so I'm taking every chance I have to wear my favorite boots (Bandolino). This outfit is all about comfort, but still looking put together.  Whether it's cold or warm outside, it's the perfect time to add neon to your wardrobe!

I paired the pink tank (H&M) with a striped, heather grey cardigan (J.Crew) and skinny jeans (Forever 21). When deciding which color scarf, I knew a similar shade from the stripes in the cardigan would look best. A charcoal grey scarf would be the obvious choice; however, to add some interest, I went with a deep olive color. A touch of sterling silver accessories and a hint of turquoise from the ring (Macy's) compliment the grey tones and pop against the dark scarf.  



Style Tip of the Day:   Ever have issues wearing thin, chiffon scarves?  Think you can't wear them with low cut tops?  A great trick to making sure your neck/chest is covered, is to double up your scarvesWrap a solid knit or cotton scarf under the top one to add some opacity.



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I have that same shirt :) with the tags still on it. I was saving it for the summer time because it is so bright. Glad to know I can go ahead and wear it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. donia- i need a tutorial on how to wrap my scarf this style.. really cute!

    ReplyDelete