Wednesday, July 31, 2013

FLORAL and OLIVE

All summer I've been looking for the perfect jumpsuit, and now that the summer's almost over, I realized I needed to post this outfit asap! 

The Loft has some great jumpsuits (like the one in the June/July post), but I found this simple olive onesie at Macys. I've styled it with a light grey cardigan (Gap) and layered silver necklaces (the Loft).  Olive green  pairs well with lavender, coral, and other hues of red, so I've chosen a floral tomato red scarf (Marshall's) to break up the solid pieces and add a pop of color. When you're picking out a patterned scarf, look for a print that has a touch of the same color from your top to tie the outfit together.


Style Tip of the Day:
Turn an infinity scarf into a rectangular scarf in just a couple of minutes and all you need is a seam ripper. If you notice that the fabric is likely to unravel at the edges, try taking it to a seamstress and asking them to serge the edges into a rolled hem.  If the edges seem fine once the seam is removed, you're all set and have another hijab to add to your collection!
 






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment